Seriously! If it's real... Are they late? Let's see the coming chapters. What I can see is the fight for legitimacy being hold by Androids, iPhones and akins. A changing hands in 3-4 years.
for those who has no time for the full text, here it is some quotations:
- "...there is intense heat coming from our competitors, more rapidly than we ever expected. Apple disrupted the market by redefining the smartphone and attracting developers to a closed, but very powerful ecosystem."
- "They changed the game, and today, Apple owns the high-end range."
- "Google has become a gravitational force, drawing much of the industry's innovation to its core."
- "We have some brilliant sources of innovation inside Nokia, but we are not bringing it to market fast enough. We thought MeeGo would be a platform for winning high-end smartphones. However, at this rate, by the end of 2011, we might have only one MeeGo product in the market."
- "...Symbian is proving to be an increasingly difficult environment in which to develop to meet the continuously expanding consumer requirements..."
- "Our competitors aren't taking our market share with devices; they are taking our market share with an entire ecosystem."
- "We poured gasoline on our own burning platform. I believe we have lacked accountability and leadership to align and direct the company through these disruptive times. We had a series of misses. We haven't been delivering innovation fast enough. We're not collaborating internally. Nokia, our platform is burning."